My Favorite Holiday Christmas

Sapin de Noël de Strasbourg Francis ROBERT via Compfight

I am sure you know what Christmas is its the day were you get presents. But its not just all about the toys and presents there is a lot more to Christmas than you thought. You might not know this but this day was first celebrated on December 25th in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Also Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on the 25th December. (were info is from) wiki

You might wonder why do we put up Christmas trees it first started because of Germany. Germany  credited this with starting the Christmas tree tradition. In the 16th century when devout Christians brought decorated trees into their homes. Some built Christmas pyramids of wood and decorated them with evergreens and candles.Christmas trees

Now these are just some fun facts about Christmas. The image of Santa Claus flying his sleigh began in 1819 and was created by Washington Irving, the same author wh0 came up with the Headless Horseman.The Montgomery Ward department store created Rudolph the Reindeer as a marketing gimmick to encourage children to buy their Christmas coloring books